Who doesn’t love a slice of cheesecake? We certainly love this one, made using juicy mango, oaty biscuits and MERA cream cheese and it’s ready in just half an hour – perfect. This is a Tropical twist on a classic dessert, a great recipe to try because it’s quick and simple to prepare! Enjoy 🙂
Graham crackers, crushed 150 grams
Granulated sugar 15 grams
Melted butter 90 grams
U.S. Cream Cheese Filling
MERA cream cheese, softened 500 grams
Granulated sugar 130 grams
Water 40 ml
Mango juice or puree 60 ml
Unflavored gelatin 15 grams
Yellow food color, optional as desired
Heavy cream 300 ml
Diced ripe mangoes, optional as desired
More ripe mango as desired
Neutral or apricot glaze as needed
Mint leaf as needed
Weighing Scale, Mixing Bowls, Spoon, Rubber Scraper, Round or Square Pan/Mould, Mixer and Pastry Brush
1. To make the crust – mix together all ingredients. Press into a 23-cm square pan. Chill for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. To make the filling – beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.
3. Combine water and mango juice (or puree) in a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over liquid and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes. Melt in a microwave oven or over simmering water. Stir in the hot gelatin into cream cheese mixture and the yellow food color, if desired.
4. Meanwhile, whip the heavy cream until soft peak stage. Fold in the whipped cream, then the mango cubes, if desired.
5. Chill to set. Loosen cheesecake from pan. Top with more mangoes, if desired.
6. Brush cheesecake with gel glaze. Garnish with mint leaf.
Courtesy of CHEF JILL SANDIQUE of http://www.usdec.org/